What ! ?


U.S. President Barack Obama bows as he is greeted by Japanese Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko as he arrives at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo, Saturday, Nov. 14, 2009.

This is none of my business, but I think I am dreaming anyway. Is this the most powerful man in the world bowing to an emperor ? I thought that red blooded Americans did not bow to any king or emperor ! But of course, chances are the picture is a fake ; just like the picture of the president bowing to the king of Saudi Arabia was a fake ...

The conservative blogger who published the picture - and with whom I disagree most of the time - adds, with a lot of irony and bitterness : "If a US President Had Just Done This in January 1942 It Would Have Saved Everyone a Lot of Trouble".
Brr.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Irony, bitterness and ill will.
Brr.

Anonymous said...

Wat is dat met die vloer ? Niet gekuist of zo ?