Listen to my words ...

Listen to my words but don't look at my deeds.

The archpriest of the environmental religion, Al Gore, is reported to be an energy guzzler.

In the year since he took steps to make his home more energy-efficient, the former vice president’s home energy use surged more than 10%, according to the Tennessee Center for Policy Research. The article bears an all-American title : "Energy Guzzled by Al Gore’s Home in Past Year Could Power 232 U.S. Homes for a Month".

See : http://tennesseepolicy.org/main/article.php?article_id=764.

Why am I not surprised ? I do not know what the TCPR stands for. For all I know it may well be a republican think tank dedicated to the destruction of democrats. And the fact that they selected to refer to monthly rather than annual consumption indicates they may have a hidden agenda.

But I never could stand the guy, whom I consider to be a prime exemple of blasé insincerity, so I am very willing to believe that he is not as clean as he claims to be. After all, he is a politician too, isn't he ?

1 comment:

Pablo Carpintero said...

All image, no substance. I may be terribly unjust, but that is the way I perceive him. And I have some experience with that type of executive !