Inflation again

On an annual base inflation in Belgium rose to 5.80 % in June. That is the highest number since 1984. Good for the government !

Bank stocks make the Bel-20 index crash (once more ...). There must be a slight wind of panic (or is it a hurricane already ?) rising in those elevated atmospheres.

In the banks most certainly. I'm not sure the government really cares, for two simple reasons : they think they have other, more important, priorities to deal with and inflation helps to disarm the public debt problem.

I know I am starting to panic seriously, because of my "rock solid" pension funds. If I sell now, after a year of bad to worse results, I take a very serious beating indeed. If I wait and hope for better times, I may lose most of it.

The golden age of retirement, my donkey !!

1 comment:

Pablo Carpintero said...

You may remember that earlier this year, while officials were singing "Tout va très bien, mamadame la marquise" I warned my few readers that they were talking horse manure. But nobody listens to "l'oiseau de mauvaise augure".