January 28 1860

Adrianus Neukermans died in Okegem. He was the fifth child of Josephus (also named Judocus) Neukermans (Okegem 1736 - 1814) and his first wife Elisabeth Sterckx (Pamel 1754 - 1799).

Josephus had seven children with his first wife, and three with his second wife.

Adrianus was born in Okegem on January 9 1788, and married Anna Catharina De Doncker (Pamel 1791 - Okegem 1865). They had six children, of which my ancestor Amandus Neukermans (Okegem 1834 - 1857) was the fourth. Amandus thus died before his father.
Once more : Amandus was the sjort-lived father of my great-grandfather Hermilianus Neukermans (Okegem 1855 - 1932).

Adrianus was an agricultural hand (sometimes he was listed as a farmer) and lived on the Rattenberg in Okegem. He had been a "conscrit" in Napoleon's armies in 1808 but was put in the reserves because his father was over 71.

I should have written a post on him for "January 9 1788" but apparently I missed out on him too.

By the way, I was born in Okegem, as was my mother, and my father was born in Meerbeke. But if I were to count the origin of all the families in my ancestry, I think Pamel might come in the first place.

No comments: