Okegem 1933 - 1934

Okegem, the boys' school 1933 - 1934. The third boy on the lower row from the left is my uncle Eugeen Neukermans (Okegem 1921 - 2004), an exceptional man about whom you will hear more later.

Next to him, the fourth from the left, is my uncle Paul, 13 years old when the photo was taken and who died some months later on January 29 1934.

The teacher was meester Cyriel Deneve. Not many of the people on that picture must be alive today ... tempus fugit ...

I got the photo from my cousin, Eugeen's son. Nonkel Geen noted the names of all the kids in the class on the back of the photo. The privacy law prohibits me to publish them; but any relation seeking confirmation about the identity of any one of the boys can send me a message.

3 comments:

Johanuitokegem said...

Kun je zeggen of één van onderstaande
personen voorkomt
- Staels Fons (Alphonse)
- Van der Donck Maurits
- Cosyns Maurice

Pablo Carpintero said...

Ik kan dat spijtig genoeg niet. Daarvoor ben ik nog te "jong".
Maar ik kan eens navraag doen, en bij de Heemkring zijn er waarschijnlijk mensen die op je vraag kunnen antwoorden.

Johanuitokegem said...

Ik zal het aan Guy eens vragen ...