Travel

I had to travel a lot during the last 10 - 15 years of my professional life.

It took me four years to get rid of the overdose. And I was slightly afraid to travel in economy (coach) and stay in "average" hotels after the luxury of business class and four or five star hotels.

In the last couple of years I have been traveling two to three times a year, and I can tell you coach is fine, and two to three star hotels have everything a tourist may need. They are not the lice and cockroach infected places I feared.

But this year, up to now, I have six trips planned : France in February, September and December ; Italy in April and October, and Western Canada (the Rockies) in July. And more may follow ... so the time available for my genealogy and my blogs will suffer and shrink.

But I finally realized that I am not getting any younger, and that I should travel while I can.

In Flemish : "Het verstand komt niet voor de jaren".

3 comments:

tanja said...

je hebt gelijk!!
wij zullen van t' jaar ook niet veel thuis zijn.

Anonymous said...

Begrijp je nu toch Engels ?

tanja said...

een paar woordjes he.zoals yes & no & encore...

tja door diene ene schoonnonkel (hoe noem je een nonkel langs uw partner kant??bvb : haar zus is mijn (schoon)zus). moet ik wel beetje engels leren!!
of beter gezegd door zijne anders moedertalige blog leer ik beetje engels.