Management

From Coffee Klatch :

The manager of a large office noticed a new man one day and told him to come into his office.

“What is your name?” was the first thing the manager asked the new guy.


“John,” the new guy replied.

The manager scowled, “Look… I don’t know what kind of a slip-shod place you worked before, but I don’t call anyone by their first name. It breeds familiarity and that leads to a breakdown in authority. I refer to my employees by their last name only… Smith, Jones, Baker… That’s all. I am to be referred to only as Mr. Robertson. Now that we got that straight, what is your last name?”

The new guy sighed, “Darling. My name is John Darling.”

“Okay… John, the next thing I want to tell you is…”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah ah :)
You made my day. Thanks.
Cheers,
Maestro.

pablo c. said...

Glad to have been of service. There is more good stuff in Coffee Klatch at http://coffeeklatch.pfitzinger.net/