Catch 22 in the EU

Read : http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/4318.

The end of the eurozone ?

A stupid hypothesis ? Maybe not. Impossible ? Frankly I don't know ...

Frankly, a badly managed lilliputian economy like Greece should never have been allowed into the eurozone. But now they are in - and who is going to pay the costs ? By the way, it is not only lilliputian economies who are creating the problems ...

I always doubted whether the euro was a viable option, because I thought that monetary union is impossible without political union. For some years, I hoped I was being proven wrong. Now I'm scared that I might be proven right after all.

There appears to be no "civilised" way out of this terrible mess, and Germany just might see a golden opportunity to take over the EU altogether. First reunification, now political and economic domination ?

No comments: