Television

I've been looking at the programs on offer tonight on the ever diminishing number of TV stations included in the basic offer of Telenet.

Sports, reality TV, series out of the stone age which are being shown for the umptieth time, absurd TV games, and so on and so forth.

And what can I say about the news programs except that they probably are focused on politically correct ten to twelve year old kids. No information without infotainment and not a single decent movie or documentary in sight, except maybe after midnight.

It is almost unbelievable that we have to pay for that crap. We should be paid for looking at it, because these programs are utterly dangerous : even in small doses, they can and do impair our physical and psychic health.

I just bought a new TV set ; I hesitated for months before doing so. I still wonder why I finally did it.

No comments: