Foresight

My dear father was a very early armed resistant in the second world war. He often told me how, once the Germans had been driven from our country, the number of resistants exploded. People, who had hovered in the shadow in deep fright for years, all of a sudden boosted about their heroic actions under the occupation and often were the first and the worst to punish the traitors and collaborators.

I have been thinking about that quite often recently. When I hear the politicians and listen to or read the media, I am bound to conclude that 99 % of them have seen the present financial tsunami coming.

Barmy b*s*. They were caught with their pants down.

Now, I can honestly say I have seen it coming. For a very long time I have known that the system of (unregulated) free market enterprise is rotten to the core. But I didn't act on it either. Apparently, I never believed our bankers were that stupid. I never believed most of them didn't even have a clue of what they were doing.

So, like everyone else, I am paying a price. I just hope that my savings will not evaporate completely.

No comments: