St Cirq Lapopie


One of the most beautiful villages in France, overhanging the Lot river. I visited it in drenching rain in last August, but it was well worth the while.

Of course the cost of maintaining such a marvel is that it is being turned into a tourist trap, full of souvenir shops and the like.

Still, a marvelous place in the fantastically beautiful Quercy region. The whole area is steeped in history.
.
I haven't written much about my trips to the Dordogne in August and my tour of France with Lourdes as the focal point in September. The weather was not what one might have expected ; the sights, the food and the company were outstanding, but the coach trips were very tiring. I came home to get rested just in time for the next trip ... And I'm off again in a couple of weeks, to Tuscany this time. Spending what little savings the banks have left me.
.
Pictures from a tourist site and from Flickr.


No comments: