A strange country ...

For years and years, I used to think that I would have liked to live in the United States. I had an enormous sympathy for that country and its inhabitants. Still have by the way : I shall never forget what they have done for us in the last century.

But clearly, Americans indeed are very different from Europeans in almost every aspect of culture, way of life, political and religious beliefs.

Reading through a minuscule part of the mountain of horse manure which has been published on the internet for the presidential election, I have come to the conclusion that I will never even begin to understand American society and mentality. I thought Europeans were dogmatic ; Americans are a thousand times worse : in politicals, ethics, society and religion, they stand, live and die by their dogms.

Today, on election day, the Americans are caught between a rock and a hard place. Whomever wins the election, I shall not be cheering. Poor America.

***
The fact that most Europeans are way too yellow to hold strong beliefs - I am not referring to dogms any more - does not change the gist of my message, I think.

1 comment:

Pablo Carpintero said...

The people of the US have spoken. I wish them, and their president elect, all wisdom and a lot of luck.