August 25 1648

Judocus Van der Speeten died in Denderhoutem on that day. I should have mentioned him earlier, but apparently I missed his birth day on August 3 1603 in Denderhoutem.

His wife was Margaretha Muylaert (Denderhoutem 1604 - 1667) (*).

Their son Egidius was born in Denderhoutem in 1634. Egidius had a son Petrus (Denderhoutem 1661 - 1707), whose son Joannes was born in Denderhoutem in 1702 and died in Okegem in 1761, where he had married Joanna Straetman, and here we are on familiar ground (see "July 30 1621", "July 5 1635", "July 30 1690" and others).

(*) I have Muylaert ancestors in Denderhoutem, in Nieuwerkerken and in Okegem. Muylaert is a relatively common name : up to now I haven't found a link between the various branches, but it is not entirely improbable that they all link back to a common ancestor, an assumption I would not be ready to make about the Timmermans families in Vlaams Brabant (Pajottenland).

No comments: