Rotten news

I had planned my summer around a trip to British Columbia and the Rockies come July. I was really looking forward to it ; the planning looked almost as if the trip had been taylored according to my very own wishes and specifications. And I haven't been to Canada for some twenty years and never had the opportunity to visit the Rockies.

Today I received a letter from the travel organisation telling me that the trip is cancelled because of a lack of participants - there was no indication as to the minimum number of participants needed. Frankly, the news comes a bit on the late side - there will not be a lot of other opportunities left. And they guarantee departure for most of their other so-called cultural trips, but Canada has gone under !

Another lesson learnt. Smallish organisations, however sympathetic and really customer friendly, should not take up this kind of project.

I must confess I'm not too happy about events. This is a fair warning for those of you who might frequent me in the next couple of days.

No comments: