Goofing up

"Hillary Rodham Clinton invoked the June 1968 assassination of Robert F. Kennedy Friday to defend her decision to remain in the race until June 3 - sparking a wave of condemnation by Barack Obama's supporters.
Clinton quickly expressed regrets over the unprompted reference to the slain New York senator, interpreted by many in Obama's camp as a suggestion she thinks his life might be endangered."

See : http://www.newsday.com/services/newspaper/printedition/saturday/nation/ny-usclin245700685may24,0,6433806.story.

Not her smartest move ever, but I kind of understand what she was saying. America being America, I wouldn't feel too safe in Obama's shoes.

I most sincerely hope nothing untoward happens but I most certainly wouldn't dare betting my life on it. Violence is a deeply embedded part of American society. Sometimes, in my darker moments I even think it is a driving force in American life ...

No comments: