April 24 1761

Maria Anna De Vleeschauwer died in Meerbeke, where she had been born on June 11 1683.

She married Joannes Timmermans (Gooik 1686 - Meerbeke 1769).

They had eight children at least - as I stated before my research in the Timmermans family is far from complete - and I descend from their son Nicolaes (Meerbeke 1711 -1808) and his first wife Petronella Van Eesbeke (Meerbeke 1706 - 1772), with whom he had six children at least.

Nicolaes not only lived a very long life : if my data are correct - and they probably are - he remarried when he was about 61 and had an additional 6 children with his second wife Berlindis Du Mongh (Meerbeke 1745 - 1814).

The further line has been described before : see the post "November 1 1808".

2 comments:

Pablo Carpintero said...

I consulted yet another independently researched source, which confirmed the story of Nicolaes, who lived for almost one hundred years indeed, and remarried at a ripe age to produce additional offspring.

He must have been quite a guy.
But in my contrarian mind, I cannot but wonder whether all the children of his second wife were effectively his ?

Anonymous said...

For the weak hearted in the family, I descend from Philippus (Meerbeke 1740-1814), a son of Nicolaes's first marriage, and "a chip off the old block".