October 14 1913

Birthday of my sainted father. He was born in Meerbeke as the second child and the first son of Pieter Jozef Timmermans (Meerbeke 1886 - 1953) and Rosalia Margaretha Ravijst (Meerbeke 1892 - 1973). Like his father he died way too young. He passed away on April 20 1980, after a life of total and utter dedication to his wife and three children. He has had a very rough and difficult path, and when things might have become easier, he was called away.

He was a wonderful father and my very best friend, and I feel really privileged that I can write this down, knowing it is the full and perfect truth.
And I deeply regret that only the first of his five grandchildren has some significant memories of him. They would have adored him if they had been given the opportunity to known him in person.
See also various older posts including "My closest family" and "My father".

4 comments:

Zimbob said...

I can tell by just reading this small bit of text how important he was for you. He'd be honoured.

Anonymous said...

And I dig the photo!

Anonymous said...

Mooie foto. Absoluut waar wat je schrijft. Een prachtig man met zéér veel uitstraling en charisma. Je mag er echt fier op zijn.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, my dear friends.