Belgometer

Belgians are special people. The petition to save solidarity crawls ahead at a snail's pace ; last time I looked they got 63.761 signatures since September 27. I can't say I'm not disappointed. It's not exactly a tsunami of support !

And today (I think) De Standaard launched a Belgometer. A rather naive list of 20 questions to see whether one is a "separatist" or a "unionist". Last time I looked 42.000 people had taken the test. Me too, and I was terribly disappointed when I came out 78 % unitarist. Fortunately my second try came out 89 % - which suits me better, and believe you me, I have not been forcing the dose.

De Standaard states very clearly that the test has no scientific value whatsoever ; to pretend otherwise would be ridiculous. But you can be d*** sure that it will spread the results all over the paper, most certainly if the results suit their own ideas. Now that is not a nice thing to write, so let's wait and see ...

I repeat the address of the solidarity petition : http://www.reddesolidariteit.be/. Get off your lazy butt, and do something !

For the belgometer : http://www.standaard.be/messagent/messagent.aspx?ID=1z13pXxh1919. But don't take it too seriously.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I may have been wrong after all - the results of the belgometer were not plastered all over the paper.