Oh Canada !

In the best of worlds, I should have been packing my things for a trip to western Canada with a focus on the Rockies. But in this miserable little country of ours, it appears impossible to find 25 people eager and willing to participate in such a trip. Too expensive and not enough beach I suppose ?

So the trip was canceled, for lack of a sufficient number of participants. And it was canceled so late that I couldn't find or organise another comparable trip to Canada. Mexico was no longer possible either - I must be a real contrarian because the trip which might have interested me there was canceled too, and the USA were not an option this year. I'm waiting for certain things to change there, for the better I hope, but I am not sure at all they will.

I shall not be flying to Vancouver tomorrow. Bad luck !

Shall the same trip be proposed again next year ? I don't know, but I doubt it.
And if it is, shall I still be healthy enough to tag along ? I'm not getting any younger. I sincerly hope so, but I don't know that either.

So, once more : wait and see. And hope for the best.

No comments: