Strong medicine

A 65 year old woman tried a new fertility treatment and gave birth.

When she was discharged from hospital and went home, her friend called round to visit.

"May I see the new baby?" the friend asked her.
"Not yet," said the other. "I'll make coffee and we'll chat for a while first."

Thirty minutes passed and the friend asked, May I see the baby now?"
"No, not yet," replied the mother.

Another half an hour went by and the friend, once again, asked, "May I see the baby now?"
"No, not yet," was, once more, the reply.

Growing very impatient the friend asked, "Well, when can I see the baby?"
"When he cries," replied the new mother.

"When he cries?" the friend responded. "Why do I have to wait until he cries?"
"Because I forgot where I put him," replied the mother.

Stolen from : http://revjph.blogspot.com/2009/01/wonders-of-medical-science.html.

No comments: