September 15 1485

Willem Pipenpoy who had been born around 1410 died - probably in Brussels - and was buried in the choir of the church in St-Martens-Lennik. He married Cathelijne de Buttere, said Haeckmans, in 1460 and was alderman of Brussels in 1468 and treasurer of Brussels in 1483.

I shall not detail the generations leading from Willem to me in this post. I shall write a post about my descendence from this well known family of Brussels' patricians at a later time. A great deal is known about this family and its alliances, but the direct line appears to have died out somewhere in the nineteenth century.

The link from the Pipenpoys to the De Vidts family, and thus to my father and to my mother, includes members of the Van Cutsem and the Galmaert families (see also "September 5 1623").

No comments: