Hooked

I'm in a terrible state : I did not get my newspaper on time this morning and I am highly dependent on it because I'm looking forward to getting hot under the collar when I disagree with reporting or comments. I also have a thing about typos (maybe the paper should hire me because more often than not I can be sure to harvest some fruity ones).

I took a subscription because the newspaper round was not reliable enough (sickness, weather conditions, holidays ...) although I respect those people getting up in the middle of the night to bring our timely dose of news. I'm just a big egoist : I want my paper on time and d*** the consequences

But even a subscription does not help to perform miracles : two or three times a year I get up and do not find my newspaper in the letterbox. Two, three times a year, what percentage is that ?

I'd better keep my big trap shut and be grateful that it does not happen more often !

1 comment:

Lebbercherrie said...

About typo's and errors; I once sent in my resumé to the "Metro" newspaper, and handed in some of their gravest errors with it, as to apply for the job of editor. I got back an automated e-mail...with an error in it. I gave up.