Bruges

I had a very bad idea yesterday. I decided to travel to Bruges today ; to enjoy the sights once more and have a nice and simple lunch.

The day was well chosen : a perfect late summer day, Indian Summer at its best. And as retired people can travel from Ghent to Bruges and back for € 4, money was not a problem.

But lo and behold, there were works on the direct line and we had to travel over Deinze, Tielt, Lichtervelde and Torhout to Bruges - standing room only. And Bruges ... a catastrophy : I had hoped that all the tourists would be enjoying the coast, but no. Bruges was packed full, terraces included. So I wandered around for somewhat over an hour and went back to the station with a can of diet coke, a bag of chips and a Snickers bar.

As it was very early still, I had a seat on the train, and very happily returned to Ghent where I prepared my own late lunch, early dinner.

Bruges, a successful tourist trap, albeit a very nice one.

By the way, I wonder when they shoot all those pictures without people in them ?

6 comments:

Zimbob said...

I guess it's all photoshopped.

Coke, crisps and snickers? My significant other, your niece, would say things just couldn't get better.

Lebbercherrie said...

There is even a specially designed program for erasing bystanders. I read about it, but completely forgot the name.

Anonymous said...

Waar gaan we naartoe, waar gaan we naartoe ?

Anonymous said...

Is that a picture of Bruges ?

Pablo Carpintero said...

The program Lebbercherrie is writing about has been developed by the CIA, no doubt ?

tanja said...

uw zusje kent ook brugge heel goed...vooral de prijs van een warme chocomelk!!die dan niet echt warm te noemen was.(was over een paar jaar met de kerst)