November 29 1666

On November 29 1666, Nicolaes Walravens died in Gooik. He was the farmer ("pachter") of Hof te Kranenbroek. He was born in Pamel ca 1610 and was the third husband of Maria Evenepoel (born ca 1600, who died in Gooik ca 1671).

A fact is that both my father and my mother descend from that couple in two different lines each.

Another fact is that I still haven't verified the correct descendance.

I described the problem in my post on "September 18 1671". But the solution probably is more complicated still. I now think that Joannes Jacobus Walravens, who married Maria Thienpont, and Anna Walravens, who married Egidius Huylenbroeck, were not brother and sister but aunt and nephew. In this hypothesis, Anna was a daughter of Nicolaes and Maria ; Joannes Jacobus was a son of their son Nicolaes who married Magdalena De Ro.

More about this later ; I have some new clues. But if there is any help out there, I'd be grateful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In "Gezinsreconstructie Gooik" vind ik inderdaad nog een bevestiging dat Joannes Jacobus een zoon was van Nicolaes en Magdalena, en dus een kleinzoon van Nicolaes en Maria.