Japanese food

The first edition of the "famous" Michelin guide for Tokio has awarded 191 stars. All the restaurants in the guide got one star at least. Eight restaurants - five Japanese and three French - got three stars, twenty-five got two and 117 got one.

Words like the exceptional quality of the food, the incomparable quality of the products and the rich culinary tradition were used.

Paris has 97 stars, New York 54.

I never once ate Japanese food in my life, so I most certainly am not an expert.

As a contrarian I try to avoid all things Japanese - and believe you me that is not easy. But this time, I sincerely think Michelin finally overdid it - there already had been ominous signs in Belgium and elsewhere.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Japanese probably are among the worst racists in the world ; they never recognised their criminal responsibility for the second world war ; and they hunt whales again !

Ander en beter !

Lebbercherrie said...

The few times I have eaten Japanese I have to admit it was delicious.

You can boycot products if you like, but not to eat Japanese because they are racist or whatever seems a tad bit...over the top.

That is like saying: "Oh, I'll never use English products, because the English invented the concentration camps."

just putting in my two cents

Anonymous said...

Right ! Wat de boer niet kent, dat vreet hij niet.

Zimbob said...

I myself am a big fan of Japanese food and with the little I know about it I can honestly say that the Japanese foodculture is much more elaborated and worth exploring than our food. Not saying better: but older and more advanced... definitely.