July 8 1893

Birth at Pamel of the fifth and youngest child of Felix De Vidts and Blondine Muylaert : Petrus Joannes De Vidts, my mother's uncle and thus my great uncle "Wannes". He passed away on May 5 1922 at Pamel.
He never married, and according to what my mother told me - if my memory serves me right - he had been ill for a long time. Even my mother did not know him that well ; he died when she was eight years old. I have seen a picture of him as a soldier on horseback but I do not have it in my collection.

I do not plan to systematically remember all my great uncles and aunts in this blog : I have a very significant number of them : 19 on my father's side and 15 on my mother's side, but most of them had children and grandchildren to remember them. Uncle Wannes did not.

No comments: