Charlemagne


I have written some 85 articles in a genealogy blog without any referral to that great bandit and statesman (and I believe canonized saint ?) from the early middle ages. Every self respecting genealogist needs at least a couple of lines who link him to the man, and as almost the whole of Belgium and environing countries descend from him (see the mathematics of genealogy) there is a significant chance to find one, except if you cannot find a link to a documented family in the middle ages, that is a family recorded in history before the parish registers were introduced.
Well, I have a couple of links to the great man, with a minimum of bastards to boot, but I'm not particularly interested in publishing any of them because I consider them non relevant - again, look at the geometrical progression of your number of ancestors and draw some conclusions.

I am sure that the ascendants of the Colins family will free another couple of lines at least to the big guy, but I'm not (yet ?) ready to spend time on it - because it is a fashionable and thus political correct thing to do. Not for me.

An exemple of a Charlemagne web site : http://www.kareldegrote.nl/. But there are others.

No comments: