At last

It is probable that by tomorrow night this small - in more senses than one can imagine - this small country of ours will have a new federal government. In the 67 years of my life, I have never seen a more disquieting and badly played charade than the one which has been put on stage since june last year.

But there it is : we will be "blessed" with a government without a team, without a programme, without a budget, without a term and without a leader - not my invention ; these qualifications are written down in a comment of De Standaard. Its merit will be that it will exist for as long as it lasts, which most probably won't be very long. God help us all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

An American friend sent me :http://grieboskireport.blogspot.com/2008/03/another-national-dissolution-nar
rowly.html.

Thanks, Petar.

Pablo Carpintero said...

When I peruse today's papers I see that almost no one has any confidence in the new government.
The prime minister needs to be a visionary with lots of charisma ; the man may have a great many qualities, which we heven't yet discovered, but a visionary he is not.
And sometimes I start thinking about Murphy's law.

Poor, poor Belgium.I'm beginning to think that the end really is near.

Pablo Carpintero said...

Pardon the typo : read "haven't".

Anonymous said...

Not my day, today. Indeed I might be thinking about Murphy's law, but Parkinson's law should have been the first to come to mind.