Religion ?

-- In Rotterdam, a newly installed muslim lawyer refuses to stand up when the court enters the room. The deeply religious man says that is against his religion. The court accepts his attitude. Multicultural political correctness at its very worst.

-- Last week all the media and a lot of political and religious leaders extensively covered the start of Ramadan. I am curious to see what their attitude will be next Ash Wednesday, or am I ? No, not really. I know the answer perfectly well.

-- I often asked myself how the Roman catholic church evolved from a very dominant, often intolerant and bigoted institution to a small minority movement in less than half a century (I consider the religious field exclusively here). In Tertio this week there were some very interesting articles about the organisation and contents of religious teaching in so called catholic schools. I need no more explanation ...

No comments: