Umbria

I'm back, sitting at my PC after a week in the magnificent - but at present very, very hot - region of Umbria in Italy. (The lack of equipment I mentioned in this blog was not a lie because I did not take my PC with me. I added that comment in order not to give ideas to possible malevolent readers cherishing the idea of paying me a visit while I was away. One never knows ...)

First impression : we are oh so proud of our history, our historical monuments and our art. Compared to what Italy has to offer we are sheer and poor beggars.
Second impression : roman catholicism is far from dead over there. It warms the heart to see the numbers of young religious people who are willing and keen to start their great adventure.

Last year I visited Tuscany, which - if possible - is even more beautiful and rich in art and history.

My main issue with Italy is that there are way too many bad actors walking in the streets but, that being said, what a country...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

en de nederlandse vertaling zal ik maar naar fluiten zeker...
wel mooie reis gehad prezies!!

Pablo Carpintero said...

Er staan miljoenen blogs op het web. Wie niet accoord gaat met mijn opzet, hij kieze er maar een andere. Precies, ja ...

Lebbercherrie said...

Dus, Beethoven, aanpassen of terug. (niet geheel zonder ironie)

Anonymous said...

ok dan kies ik voor terug!!
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag!!