Ravijst, Nieuwenhove and Meerbeke

The earliest documented Ravijst - the ortograph varies extensively - in my family tree is Joannes Baptist born around 1808. He married Joanna Devits and lived at least part of hs life in Nieuwenhove (located near Geraardsbergen en Ninove). I still do not know where they were born. They had three daughters at least.
I have to start serious reseach on this branch yet - but preliminary queries indicate this will not be the easiest branch to decode.
I know of earlier Ravijst families in Asse, in the region of Dendermonde and around Tollembeek, but no link has been found yet.
Joanna, his wife, may very well be related to the De Vidts in Pamel, then again she may not be.

Joannes' grandson, my great-grandfather Petrus Joannes, married in Meerbeke.

I welcome every possible hint as to the provenance and ancestors of Joannes Baptist and Joanna.

No comments: